Inspired by Laura Dawson, I compiled a few links to blog posts that give a broad sense of BookExpo America, which came to a conclusion on Sunday. Take a look at:
- Kassia Krozser on Booksquare, channeling John Fogerty and commenting on “Deja Vu All Over Again”;
- Michael Cairns suggesting that BEA think about bringing readers into the public show;
- Richard Nash, blogging via Publishers Weekly, echos Michael Cairns’ sentiment and extends his take to the bigger publishing houses;
- Charlotte Abbott of Follow the Reader writing about how educational BEA can be;
- My nearly constant BEA presentation mate Laura Dawson providing an on-the-ground review of BEA’s opening day; and finally
- Mike Shatzkin wondering about the future of BEA, musing that started over a dinner my wife and I hosted on Saturday night.